Saturday, January 30, 2021

The Chosen Dolls

 I have been toying with an idea planted by my mother years ago. She mentioned that she wanted to try her hand at selling hand made goods online .It must be a good idea because it is one my h8usband keeps coming back to from time to time. I have seen women selling items as well, that I have made and given to people as free. but, recently I made money, unwillingly, actually, when others asked me to make things that they intended to give to loved ones. And one thing I made just for fun top share with my mother, a neighbor had asked, so I made her one, it was a crochet nativity set. which is poplar around Christmas time when I need funds, so I think why no start making them now. but I never do it. finally, an idea stuck. Since I cannot find a job without a car that allows me the ability to take care of my children, I will just make things from home. I make one thing per week, and at by Christmas I will have a store full of items that parents can shop for their children FREE of Charge. I like that idea a lot.

But, this idea is different. I was feeling terrible because I was unable to financially contribute to the making of a tv series called "The Chosen". This was going to be the means of my purpose of sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ with the rest of the house of Israel, which I have felt was my personal duty. 

At first I thought that I needed to go to Jerusalem and learn the language, but, then I realized that the way I can do this is support the making of the show, without explaining details, I decided that complaining that I cannot do is not good. I need to put all of my effort in to the thing if it is that important. It really is, and so, I decided to make "The Chosen" dolls and then sell them that I might be able to support the making of the film, surely, I will find buyers I have no doubt of that, and if people ask what I am doing I can tell them, too and that would be a way to help as well.

Though i have not created the patterns yet, I could certainly post them here, or, I could make beanies or facemasks with catch phrases from the show, like their store bought merch found at: http:www.thechosen.tv/store



I am pretty excited about this idea. I plan to start by sort of story boarding what I want to create (like the living art at the passion play in Oberamergau), and then sort of personalizing each generic doll to represent a character and make scenes from each episode or something like that. Anyhow, it will be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment